Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

China Glaze - Avant garden Collection - Tart-y For the Party

As promissed here is my dragonfly nail art attempt!
I used China Glaze Tart-y For the Party as a base colour and added dragonflies in the colours Sunday funday, Fancy Pants and CG In the City.
The dragonflies are made by polishing a fair amount of nailpolish on a ziplock bag, then leave it to dry for a few hours (don't leave it more then a day because the polish get to hard and starts breaking), peel it off (gently) and then use a clippunch to make the desired motive, stick those on the still wet polish and finish with a topcoat to seal to whole thing together.
This fabulous idea came from Chit Chat Nails, she is so very talented and creative! I just had to try this technique on my own nails: I love it (and it is very easy as well)!

Have a look what I created:

China Glaze Tart-y For the Party
China Glaze - Tart-y For the Party

China Glaze Tart-y For the Party

China Glaze Tart-y For the Party

China Glaze Tart-y For the Party
China Glaze Tart-y For the Party
China Glaze Fancy Pants and Tart-y For the Party
This is 2 layers of Tart-y for the Party, which turned out to be a very lovely polish! I sort of came by it by accident butI relly like it: the colour is very fresh and spring-y and it works very nicely as well. The dragonflies are all 2 layers on the ziplock and I used 2 layers of topcoat, one normal and one fast drying.
The only problem I had with this nailart was that I left the dragonflies to dry for 2 days. This made it very hard to get them to follow the curve of my nail  because the polish wasn't flexible enough anymore (which also made some pieces break off). So next time I won't leave it to dry for such a long time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment