Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pretty & Polished - Blood Clot or my take on Halloween!

Here in The Netherlands, Halloween is not very big business...some children will go and try to "scare" some shop holders in the street, but it is nothing big.
I had the sudden urge to wear something bloody on my finger tips so I reached to a friend from last year: Pretty & Polished Blood Clot. I stalked it for weeks because it was sold out every time...and when I finaly purchased it..Halloween was over!
I love this polish, it sounds gruesome "Bloot Clot" but it looks quite charming I would say!
It is a syrupy cherry red (or blood red if you prefer) with two sizes of shiny hex glitters. There is some fishing acquired for the big hexes and with that you tend to add a blob of syrup on the nail as well. This gives it that extra clotted appearence.

This was three layers and some extra blobs:

Pretty&Polished Blood Clot
Pretty&Polished - Blood Clot

Pretty&Polished Blood Clot

Pretty&Polished Blood Clot

Pretty&Polished Blood Clot

Pretty&Polished Blood Clot
I tried my hardest to get it photographed right...it just wouldn't. The polish is so shiny that it messed with the focus of the camera. The colour of the third and the fifth shot is the closest to the truth, it has just a hint more brown in it (more blood, less cherry). Do NOT look at my cuticles they are horrid...and it isn't even winter yet!

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment