Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Cirque - Coronation (Special Edition 2013) and comparison with Max Factor Fantasy Fire

Last day of 2013...last chance to post...and then there was Cirque, a festive end of the year 2013!
I fell in love at first sight with Cirque's Coronation, what a lovely polish and a lovely crown ring as a bonus, together in a cute little satchel and box. The price I won't talk about, it's ridiculous (I bought it with a discount, but still...>auch<).

The polish is a purple jelly with red shimmer and that colour shifting stuff that you all know too well as unicorn pee (Fantasy Fire, Clarins 320, Nfu Oh 51 etc.). It works well with 2 coats, although 3 might be better. It EATS top coat, so prepare and add an extra layer!

Cirque Coronation
Cirque - Coronation

Cirque Coronation

Cirque Coronation

Cirque Coronation

Cirque Coronation

Cirque Coronation

Cirque Coronation
Love it! The little catch is...I had major chipping within a day! I used China Glaze Fast Forward top coat, next time I will use something different and pray that will work better.

Next up I needed to compare this with Max Factor's Fantasy Fire, naturally.
To achieve the same result with two coats of Coronation, I needed 5 coats of FF.

Cirque Coronation Max Factor Fantasy Fire
Cirque - Coronation and Max Factor - Fantasy Fire

Cirque Coronation Max Factor Fantasy Fire
left: Fantasy Fire... right: Coronation


You can see that Coronation has also some micro glitters in there next to the shimmer.
Colour wise it is very much the same.
5 Coats is, well how shall I put this, a bit exorbitant; so I thought of a solution: 1 coat of Sation Miss Emo Shun All and two FF.
Sation Miss Emo Shun All Max Factor Fantasy Fire
Sation - Miss Emo Shun All and Max Factor - Fantasy Fire

Sation Miss Emo Shun All Max Factor Fantasy Fire
top: Coronation...bottom: Sation & FF combo
A very lucrative alternative to the pricey Coronation and less visible nail line as well!
But then you do NOT own the rose gold plated crown ring by Jeannie Vianney.....

I wish you all a very happy, healthy and colourful 2014!!!

2 comments: