Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Chanel - Métal Grenat (golden oldie)

This is, by far, the oldest polish I have in my possession! I was a baby when I bought it and in my mind it looks completely different....
The way I remember Métal Grenat is a fairly opaque burgundy red with golden shimmer, the way I perceive it now is a reddish brown jelly with golden shimmer. I fear that the red pigment has changed/disappeared over the years leaving me with this translucent dead leaves colour.....and perhaps the base has yellowed a bit as well!
I remember riding my bike and looking at the ground seeing all these mushy brown leaves laying on the road..."they look just like my nails, same colour >ieuw<"

Chanel Métal Grenat
Chanel - Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

Chanel Métal Grenat

It is a nice colour and the shimmer is gorgeous but it is much nicer in my head :-)
Next time I will try some undies in burgundy and Seche Vite as topcoat. I used Poshé here and it pulls the polish like crazy to the middle. I guess that has something to do with the old formula of the Chanel (with all kinds of yummy smelling poisons!).

3 comments:

  1. wow, I LOVE this color!!!!! gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate when polish change that much! (Or when you think they look completely different than what they actually do, lol).

    I still think it's very pretty though and it looks gorgeous on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete